One of the first orders of business upon forming Companies Who Care was to develop a criteria upon which funding requests could be measured. We wanted to ensure that support applications were in line with the original intention of the group and the core beliefs of its members. We personally research the applicants to ensure they are reputable, sustainable and are making a positive difference in the local community.
Support applicants are required to demonstrate compliance with the following:
- Recipient group must be local (i.e. Durham Region)
- Funds must be immediately used.
- There must be a measured positive impact for the community.
- The recipient must demonstrate that none of the donation is used for Management/Administration.
- A preference would be given to groups supporting children and youth.
- The recipient must demonstrate sustainability moving forward.